Search This Blog

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Since writing the last post, Cindy and I have left the ministry at RHMA to pursue pastoral ministry again. We love RHMA and were grateful to serve with them for over 18 years. We are, however, especially thankful that God has called us to serve Wilsall Community Church in Wilsall, Montana (since December 2013). Now, I am finishing my PhD in Leadership Studies at Capital Seminary as well. It is wonderful being a practitioner again--serving the Lord in the trenches of rural America! It has brought lots of joy and opportunity to our lives. I maintain a fairly active speaking schedule outside of WCC--speaking at Bible college mission conferences, commencement, church consulting and special events.

I am also in the process of transitioning this blog to my new website: http://ruralministry.net Stop by and check out the new posts sometime.

My passion is still to minister and encourage the men and women that God has placed in rural America and to challenge them to serve with excellence. The questions that I am asking today are:

What are best pastoral practices for pastors serving in rural churches?

How should (have) changing demographics shape(d) leadership behaviors in rural churches?

What are realistic measures of church health and vibrancy in rural churches?

How is forward progress (I don't like the word change) initiated in the rural church?

How are long-established congregations moved from ownership to stewardship to legacy?

I have a lot more questions without answers, but I am trying to learn what questions to even ask. What questions are you asking these days? Head over to ruralministry.net and let me know what's going on in your life!

Blessings,

Mark Danielson






No comments:

Post a Comment